Caswell Center Foundation
The 2018-2019 Scholarship Application will be available in January 2018.
2017 Scholarship Winners Are:
Kristen Boretti of Jacksonville, NC (Onslow County)
Samantha Carroll of Wilmington, NC (New Hanover County)
Elizabeth White of Jacksonville, NC (Onslow County)
Caswell Center Foundation, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of up to hree $1,000 scholarships each academic school year.
To qualify, applicants must be a rising college senior or working on their graduate degree within Allied Health, Education or Psychology fields: Occupational Therapy, Recreation Therapy, Special Education, Nursing, Speech-Language Pathology or Social Work with the intent of serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The 2015-2016 scholarships will be available to individuals residing in one of the following 38 counties: Beaufort, Bertie, Bladen, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Currituck, Dare, Duplin, Edgecombe, Gates, Greene, Hertford, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Pitt, Robeson, Sampson, Scotland, Tyrrell, Washington, Wayne or Wilson.
A rising college senior or graduate student must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for his/her respective scholarship:
- Be a full-time college student or graduate student.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher, or a graduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Continue to major in one of the degree programs cited above.
- Demonstrate evidence of volunteer (or paid) experience.
The student must also submit the following to apply for the scholarship:
- Caswell Center Foundation Scholarship Application Form.
- Graduate school acceptance letter if applicable.
- Recommendation letters from volunteer experience or previous contribution to the field.
- At least one letter of reference from a professor.
- OFFICIAL Transcript.
2017 Application Deadline is April 1, 2017.
Contact Lisa Burwell or Danielle Howell if you’d like an application emailed to you when available or Lisa.Burwell@dhhs.nc.gov or Danielle.Howell@dhhs.nc.gov
or you may call 252-208-3766 or 252-208-3790.
DUE DATE FOR next scholarship is April 1, 2017! — APPLICATION available soon!
2016 Caswell Center Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Matthew Hodges, Tracie Marshburn, Jasmine Campbell
2015 Caswell Center Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Troy Eason, Nathan Norris, Monique Washington
Caswell Center Foundation has selected 3 recipients to receive $1,000 Academic Scholarships for 2014. A luncheon was held on July 17, 2014. Scholarships were presented to the 3 recipients: Tabatha Moore (Speech & Language), Caitlin (Nursing Major) Ange and Corinne Spivey (Special Education).
Congratulations to our 2012 Scholarship recipients; Jana Hill, Kristi Sutton and Maggie Walston.
Caswell Center Foundation offered its first academic scholarships in 2007.
Other recipients since 2007 are:
- 2007: Vita Roberts and Kara Robertson
- 2008: Tanesha Sharp, Katie Maloney, Melody Chan, Emily Simpson, Ryan Ford, Katie Beal
- 2009: Justin Cournoyer, Joseph Newborn, Evan Price, Mary Matthews, LaTonya Taylor, Queesha Tillman
- 2010: Cameron Ford, Regis Green, Kate Luettich, Kevin Martell, Erin Savidge, Lindsey Szakasits
- 2011: Elizabeth Whitley, Brianna Rhodes, Gregory Conover, Kara Gay, Kristin Thompson, Luke Matthews, Shayna Mooney